4chan is an imageboard website, meaning it is a type of internet forum which operates mostly via posting images. 4chan is split into a diverse variety of boards with their specific content and guidelines. It covers a number of topics, and there no registration is possible in 4chan.
Anyone can post, comments and share images. If you are also thinking to browse 4chan for the time, then this can be an overwhelming experience. As there are dozens of imageboards, some boards like Random board contain images and language that would offend or disgust most users. Other boards like Auto or Technology, includes constructive discussions related to useful topics. There are lots of boards you can choose and visit the topic that you find interesting.
Before all, remember to never post any personal information on 4chan, avoid clicking on strange links, and don’t go through anything that seems unsafe.
Here are the guidelines for using 4chan’s essential features:
How to access boards
Since 4chan doesn’t require any registration, so there is no need to sign up or sign in before browsing.
- Open any ‘Web browser.’
- Search for ‘4chan’ website.
- Visit 4chan homepage to view the list of boards.
- Click on ‘Rules’ and ‘FAQ’ it is at the bottom of the site description. To know more about 4chan before posting something.
- Click on a board, which you find interesting.
- Click on ‘Accept’ to agree with the disclaimer.
- Click on ‘page numbers’ at the bottom to navigate browse page.
- Click on the ‘Alphabetical links’ (e.g., a/b/c/d/ and so on) at the top of the page. If, you want to change board directly without returning to the homepage.
How to browse 4chan safely
There are too many offensive and disgusting boards. Some boards deal with objectionable and adult topics. To browse safely go through the steps:
- Visit ‘4chan homepage’.
- Click on the ‘Filters’ button. This is at the top of the list of boards.
- Click and select ‘Show Worksafe Boards only’ from the drop-down menu. You can also select ‘Show Not Safe For Work (NSFW) Boards only.’
- Avoid giving personal or contact information. But remember, 4chan keeps a track of your IP address. If necessary, it will use it.
- Avoid clicking on unfamiliar links that seem unsafe.
- Avoid following unsafe advice.